Register for Fall Soccer by 6/30
Click on the Register Now orange button above. If you are interested in Summer Soccer opportunities, check our SUMMER SESSIONS AND CAMPS. NO WORLD CUP FRIDAY 7/1. Break for Independence Day.
Please register for Fall now to help us create age groups, identify coaches, and plan for teams. We are excited about the fall season and have a few great reasons for you to register for soccer right away:
- Register now to ensure your place on a team. Some age groups will have wait lists.
- Register now to avoid late fees if you register after June 30th.
We also want you to be aware of some age group changes for 2016 related to new US Youth Soccer guidelines. Here is quick overview of how our leagues and teams will change this year:
- Birthdate cutoffs for age groups are moving from Aug 1 to Jan 1. This will shift our team make-up away from grade year to birth year, and keep us in line with all other teams competing in our off-island soccer leagues.
- U8 groups (born in 2009 or 2010) and U10 groups (2007 and 2008) will continue to participate in our on-island scrimmages and games while continuing our group academy practices.
- U11 groups (born in 2006) and U12 groups (2005) will play 9 v 9 games in the off-island, Pierce County Soccer League. U11 (2006) will now consist of 5th graders with spring birthdays and 4th graders with fall birthdays.
- U13 groups (born in 2004) and older groups will play in the larger South Sound Soccer League.
Please check out the following Vashon Soccer pages with more information:
Registration summary at https://vashonsoccer.org/registration-overview/
Overview of our programs at https://vashonsoccer.org/program-information/
More on birth year changes at https://vashonsoccer.org/news
More questions and answers at https://vashonsoccer.org/faq/
We appreciate some of these changes will be challenging. We will do what we can to support all our players, coaches and teams in this transition. We are also very excited about the coming season as we continue be become a better and stronger soccer club, serving all our players and families. Please let us know how we can help at email@example.com